Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fire-Mom

Jack's hearing is so much more keen than ours that he sometimes seems to have a Radar O'Reilly-ish sixth sense. He'll say, "I hear a bus." Many minutes later, long past your deciding that he's said just another random Jack-ism, a school bus will drive by.

And then there was the time when we were getting ready to leave a parking lot and he remarked, "I see dogs drivin' a red truckkkk." We began to playfully dismiss his comment, but then we looked at the next spot over. Of course, there was a red truck with two dogs in the cab, one in the passenger's seat and one in the driver's. So yeah...dogs drivin' a red truck.

Last night, he paused at his play, and said, "I hear a fire-mom." It took a moment to realize that he was referring to a fire alarm, and not one in our house. We never figured out if he was being random or if there really was some beeping somewhere far away that only he and the cats could hear.

I fancy that Fire-Mom might be my cool super hero alter ego if I were to have one.

Now if we could just figure out what in the world he means when he runs around the house squealing, "Its-a-big-o-bawa!"

1 comment:

laynesmom said...

I think he's trying to tell you he'll be voting for Barack Obama...